YOU GOTTA FIGHT………….FOR YOUR RIGHT…………….to have basic reproductive rights and control over your body there is no punchline here it is literally 2013 and white republican men are still breaking rules so that you can’t own your vagina.
1. Don’t think that being published will make you happy. It will for four weeks, if you are lucky. Then it’s the same old fucking shit.
2. Hemingway was fucking wrong. You shouldn’t write drunk. (See my third novel for details.)
3. Hemingway was also right. ‘The first draft of everything is shit.’
4. Never ask a publisher or agent what they are looking for. The best ones, if they are honest, don’t have a fucking clue, because the best books are the ones that seemingly come from nowhere.
5. In five years time the semi-colon is going to be nothing more than a fucking wink.
6. In five years time every fucking person on Twitter will be a writer.
7. Ignore the fucking snobs. Write that space zombie sex opera. Just give it some fucking soul.
8. If it’s not worth fucking reading, it’s not worth fucking writing. If it doesn’t make people laugh or cry or blow their fucking minds then why bother?
9. Don’t be the next Stephen King or the next Zadie Smith or the next Neil Gaiman or the next Jonathan Safran fucking Foer. Be the next fucking you.
10. Stories are fucking easy. PLOT OF EVERY BOOK EVER: Someone is looking for something. COMMERCIAL VERSION: They find it. LITERARY VERSION: They don’t find it. (That’s fucking it.)
11. No-one knows anything. Especially fucking me. Except:
12. Don’t kill off the fucking dog.
13. Oh, yeah, and lastly: write whatever you fucking want.
Matt Haig, “Some Fucking Writing Tips” (via robotgod)
All of this and especially #7.
Photo by Max Seigal (Boulder, CO); Utah
Love this place
THEY WERE FIGHTING AND WERE ALL LIKE ARRRR IMMA GET YOU BITCH BUT THEN, WHAT, WHY IS THE FLOOR SO SPRINGY. BETTER TEST IT OUT.
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER OMG
Children’s Worst Nightmares by Joshua Hoffine
This is fucking incredible
Can we talk about how the cubes on the last pic spell “Daddy no”
I remember the release of the last image, a few some odd years ago, on DA. It caused quite a rabble, the artist explaining that not all monsters are from a child’s imagination.
Where were the winchesters